Cleanliness and hygiene are a top priority in any business premises, and it is more so now than ever before. Disinfecting, sanitization, and all aspects of curbing the spread of germs and viruses is of top priority regardless of the business you have.
And if you are a gym or a fitness centre owner, maintaining hygiene and preventing the risk of cross-contamination is paramount importance. You need to protect the health and safety of your patrons, and many guidelines and methods can achieve effective gym cleaning in Melbourne.
Policies that shape cleanliness
Running a gym efficiently requires following set schedules, appropriate policies for using and caring for gym equipment, and organizing multiple instructors and client timings. Similarly, you could institute policies and schedules for maintaining optimum gym cleaning and hygiene factors in Melbourne. Cleanliness needs to be prioritized with effective policies.
- Training staff: Effective gym cleaning of various equipment and multi-touch point surfaces can be cleaned with proper routine and schedules. Your staff can work efficiently when they know their roles in the cleaning process and what protocols need to be followed between customers changeovers. Training your staff with all the safety procedures and effective gym cleaning techniques in Melbourne is the best way to go about it.
- Set up a cleaning Schedule: your staff needs to have clearly set out timings and routines to know who’s handling which section of gym cleaning in Melbourne. Creating a roster of cleaning checklists with schedules will help make it easy for everyone to know their role in the process.
- Maintain a cleaning log: Multiple sections of the gym get cleaned routinely. To have everyone involved in the roster on the same page, it is best to maintain a log of all the completed gym cleaning services and activities. You could maintain whiteboards with dates and times, and mandating your staff to log their task is an efficient way to keep track of gym cleaning for your Melbourne gym.
- Maintaining supplies inventory: Gym cleaning services and activities in Melbourne need a continuous supply of all the essential cleaning products, equipment and tools. Ensure you have a process in place that takes care of ordering regularly.
- Encourage your customers to clean and disinfect the gym equipment: Working out on gym equipment leaves traces of sweat accompanied by germs. Your gym cleaning staff would need to wipe down and disinfect the equipment after everyone, and in a large gym, it could be not easy to achieve such a level of disinfection. You could have policies put in place that encourages your patrons to wipe down the equipment after using it and leave disinfected equipment ready to use for the next person.
Consider adding the following policies to maintain high sanitary conditions and good gym cleaning in Melbourne
- Include regular equipment wipe downs as part of membership
- You could include a strict three-strike policy to ensure adherence, resulting in revoking membership.
- To make it convenient for your patrons to adhere to the policy ensure, you have a good supply of disinfectant wipes, sprays, cleaners and fresh towels at arms reach so that it could be a constant reminder.
- Have sanitization stations next to every piece of equipment so your patrons can use it often, which will only increase the hygiene factor of your gym overall.
- Hiring professional gym cleaning services in Melbourne: keeping the high standards of gym cleaning requires the efforts of many staff and a standard operating procedure (SOP) to ensure effective and efficient gym cleaning. Sourcing, training, and supervising vast human resources could be tedious. When you have a large gym for hundreds of patrons walking in and out of the gym, it is best to hire professional gym cleaning services in Melbourne. They’ll have the people, experience, latest tools, continuous supply of cleaning products, and robust project management protocols to deliver round the clock cleaning and maintain hygiene.
Spot On Professional Cleaning has specialized in Melbourne’s fitness and gym cleaning services for over 14 years now. We understand the significance and importance of maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene in your gym to ensure your patrons are safe and there is no cross-contamination.
We help our clients maintain a fresh, sanitized and healthy vibe that enables them to build trust with their potential customers. We have the right cleaning equipment and products to ease each fitness center cleaning project. Being an Australian operated business, we are proud to extend our services over the Melbourne region. Our team is proficient at managing the cleaning tasks properly.