These terms and conditions constitute the full and complete service agreement (the “Agreement”) between you (the “Customer”) and S J & A Pty Ltd (trading as “Spot On Professional Cleaning Services”) of Mickleham, VIC 3064, Australia for the provision of services by Spot On Professional Cleaning Services.
Please take some time to review this Agreement. Use of our services constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Spot On agrees to provide domestic cleaning services (the “Service”) to the Customer at an address specified by the Customer (the “Premises”).
2. The Service will be for such cleaning duties as agreed with the Customer at the time of booking.
3. Spot On will provide one or more cleaners (the “Cleaner”) to attend the Premises to provide the Service at a time and date mutually agreed between Spot On and the Customer (the “Service Time”).
4. Spot On endeavours to provide the Service faithfully, diligently and in a timely and professional manner.
Additions and amendments
1. Any changes to the Service to be provided must be agreed by Spot On prior to the Service Time.
2. If the Customer requires any additional services or variations at the time the Service is being performed, the Customer must first contact Spot On by telephone, who may agree to provide the additional services in its absolute discretion. The Cleaner is not authorised to agree to any changes to the Service being provided. The Customer must not request such changes directly from the Cleaner.
customer representations and warranties
The Customer represents and warrants that:
1. it will provide a safe working environment at the Premises for the Cleaner to perform the Service;
2. the Cleaner will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to those areas of the Premises requiring the Service;
3. it will provide the Cleaner with access to all services and utilities (including hot and cold water, electricity, and rubbish bins) as required by the Cleaner to provide the Service;
4. it will provide all usual and necessary cleaning equipment and materials required by the Cleaner to provide the Service, unless other arrangements have been made with Spot On;
5. all cleaning equipment and materials provided by the Customer are safe, have not been tampered with and are in full working order;
6. it will advise Spot On prior to the commencement of the Service of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime at the Premises;
7. it is authorised to use the Premises and obtain the provision of Service;
8. if the Customer requires the Cleaner to clean behind or under any heavy items (eg. a fridge, bookshelf, or other furniture), it will move those items prior to the commencement of the Service; and
9. it will secure or remove any fragile, delicate, breakable or valuable items, including cash, jewellery, works of art, antiques, or items of sentimental value prior to the commencement of the Service.
health and safety risks
In addition to the obligations and warranties set out in clause 3 above, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
1. the Cleaner is entitled to undertake a job safety analysis before the commencement of any work to assess the health and safety risk at the Premises;
2. the Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not use or cease using any materials or cleaning equipment provided by the Customer if the Cleaner thinks, in their absolute discretion, that the use of such materials or cleaning equipment poses a risk to health and safety.
3. the Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not provide or cease the provision of the Service where carrying out the Service presents, in the absolute discretion of the Cleaner, a risk to health and safety.
no engagement of cleaners
1. The Customer acknowledges Spot On invests significant resources in recruiting, selecting and training its Cleaners. Unless Spot On gives prior written permission, the Customer must not, directly or indirectly, engage, employ or contract with any Cleaner to provide domestic services to the Customer or any associate of the customer for any period during which services are provided by Spot On or for a period within 12 months after the conclusion of any Service.
2. The Customer acknowledges that Spot On may suffer loss and damage, including, without limitation consequential loss, as a result of a breach of this clause by the Customer.
1. The actual price payable by the Customer is calculated on the total number of hours worked by the Cleaner.
2. Any price quoted by Spot On is an estimate only based on Spot On’s experience, without inspection, and based on information provided by the Customer. Subject to this clause, quotes are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of the quote.
3. If at the commencement or during the course of providing the Service, it is apparent that the actual cost of the Service will exceed the quote provided by Spot On, Spot On will provide the Customer with the option to pay an increased fee to complete the Service, or pay the quoted amount without the Service being completed.
4. The Customer must inform Spot On whether any cleaning services required are for an ‘end of tenancy’ at the time of quotation.
1. The Customer may make a booking either in person, by either telephone, fax, email or on the Spot On website.
2. At the time of booking the Customer must provide details of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime located at the Premises;
3. Spot On provides all quotations at the time of booking.
4. The Customer agrees to provide Spot On with their valid credit card details at the time of booking, and authorises Spot On to debit any card with an amount equal to any service and/or cancellation fees that may apply under this Agreement.
5. Spot On reserves the right not to accept a booking for any reason.
1. The Customer agrees to pay the price quoted by Spot On in full prior to or at the Service Time, unless otherwise agreed in advance with Spot On.
2. If no payment has been made by the Service Time, Spot On will use reasonable endeavours to contact the Customer for payment. In the event that Spot On cannot contact the Customer or payment is not made by the Service Time, the Customer will be deemed to have cancelled the Service, and the Customer must pay any cancellation fees or charges due set out in clause 16.
3. Payments may be made via credit card, bank transfer, cheque or in cash. Payments by bank transfer should be made to: